Trainee Wool Buyer
- Assist in all day to day wool store operations ensuring maximum utilisation of time and resources
- Learn the skills necessary to purchase a variety of wool types at store door and on farm
- Class, sort, press and prepare purchased wools for sale
- Communicate with and support the broker team in the area
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the region
- Support other wool division initiatives and projects as required
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Previous experience in the wool industry preferred but not essential
- Sound knowledge of agricultural practices in Australia
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Sound computer skills
- Forklift licence or be prepared to obtain one
- A Medium Ridgid licence would be an advantage
- Additional training will be provided to the successful candidate to develop the appropriate skills for the role.
AWN, a subsidiary of AWN Food & Fibre holdings, is a privately-owned Australian business, founded in 1999. We are committed to delivering agricultural services across wool, livestock and property.
Our vision of bringing wool growers, processors and consumers together has seen us build relationships across the supply chain, allowing us to deliver unique ‘bale to retail’ opportunities for our wool growing clients. This includes supply through our own, vertically integrated Australian manufacturing and retail businesses.
With people at the heart of everything we do, we invest in our staff so they can deliver the exceptional level of service that has become synonymous with AWN. Our people-first culture is underpinned by our C.A.R.E.S. values:
Collaborate and share information to achieve a common goal;
Agile and adaptive to opportunities and change;
Respect one another;
Embrace innovation and new ideas;
Support staff in looking after their physical and mental wellness.
For further information contact Horsham Store Manager, Graeme Telfer on 0407 553 804.