Wool Agent, Horsham & Grampians, VIC
As a wool specialist, your primary function in this role will be to assist in the continued growth and expansion of the wool business in the region. While previous wool industry experience is preferred, for the less experienced candidate there will be a strong focus on training, with a view to developing the skills required to become a successful wool industry professional. For the right person, there is a career progression opportunity to develop your skills with the view of becoming a leader within the business.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, with strong communication skills and a sound knowledge of agriculture in Australia. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented individual, with a rural affinity, that is serious about a genuine career in the wool industry.
AWN is a privately-owned Australian business, founded in 1999. We are committed to delivering agricultural services across wool, livestock and property.
Our vision of bring wool growers, processors and consumers together has seen us build relationships across the supply chain, allowing us to deliver unique ‘bale to retail’ opportunities for our wool growing clients. This includes supply through our own, vertically integrated Australian manufacturing and retail businesses.
With people at the heart of everything we do, we invest in our staff so they can deliver the exceptional level of service that has become synonymous with AWN. Our people-first culture is underpinned by our C.A.R.E.S. values:
Collaborate and share information to achieve a common goal;
Agile and adaptive to opportunities and change;
Respect one another;
Embrace innovation and new ideas;
Support staff in looking after their physical and mental wellness.
- Day to day wool operations to ensure maximum utilization of time and resources
- Actively promoting and marketing the business
- Marketing and trading a variety of wool types for our wool growing clients
- Classing, sorting, and preparing purchased wools for sale
- Maintain inventory control measures
- Communicate with and support the broker team in the area
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the region
- Support other wool division initiatives and projects as required
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong work ethic with an attention to detail
- Previous experience in the wool industry preferred but not essential
- Sound knowledge of agricultural practices in Australia
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Sound computer skills, including intermediate skills across the Microsoft Office suite
Additional training will be provided to the successful candidate to develop the appropriate skills for the role.
For further information contact Wool Trading Manager, Ben Stace on 0409 672 315.
Apply for this role via Seek.