"Tutanning Road" EAST PINGELLY WA
Size: 58.97 ha
Number of Bathrooms: 1
East Pingelly Growth Opportunity
• 58.97 hectares (145.72 acres)
• 12m x 7m CGI clad shed enclosed with Roller Door and concrete floor
• Shed has a plumbed Kitchen and separate but connected wet area
• Wood fired hws and slow combustion stove
• 3 solar panels connected to 2 x 100 amp batteries provide 12v power with a 3000 watt 240 volt inverter
• 3 m x 3m storage shed
• 30,000litre Rainwater tank with a 2600litre overhead tank and a 240v electric pressure pump
• 2 dams
• 3 x 23,000 litre water tanks interconnected
• 30 kms east of Pingelly
“Jomac Sandalwood” was originally taken up in early 2008 and planted down to sandalwood by an experienced sandalwood forester. The partners used various hosts however the main one used was the jam tree which is indigenous to the area. The hosts were planted at the rate of 1250 stems per hectare with all trees being seeded the following year with the goal to thin at years 16 to 18 with the goal to bring the rate back to 350 to 400 stems per hectare in years 2025 to 2027
The plantation census recently conducted in 2022 showed the following inventory:
• Year 1 (2008) 8484 sandalwood trees
• Year 2 (2009) 8372 sandalwood trees
• Year 3 (2010) 8874 sandalwood trees
A total of 25830 established sandalwood trees.
Over the years returns from the plantation has been gained from seed harvesting for establishment of other plantations and the now growing food and oil industry.
There is a small area of approx. 6 ha which comprises an oil mallee plantation which is used to harvest seed for seed dealers and nurseries.
This property provides the ideal purchase for someone to benefit from the tremendous physical input that needed to establish a commercial plantation with only a few years to go to harvest.