AWN was established in 1999 by a group of experienced wool industry professionals. Since the beginning, AWN’s vision was to bring something new to the industry; to create a unique wool marketing organisation that brought wool growers and wool processors closer together. Today that vision has been extended to include on-farm livestock and real estate services.
AWN Core Values – CARES
- Collaboration – we work together through sharing information to achieve a common goal.
- Agility – we are responsive to opportunities and adaptive to change.
- Respect – we always treat our co-workers and clients with respect.
- Embrace Innovation – we embrace and pursue innovative new ideas. We are willing to do things differently and challenge the status quo.
- Support – we support work/life balance and taking care of our staff’s physical and mental health.
Duties & Responsibilities for which Training will be given:
- Work on two wool systems – one window’s based (Talman) & one DOS based (AWH) where our wool data is imported into Talman.
- Review and update client details
- Match clients delivered product with submitted paperwork and confirm with contractors details for processing.
- Customer service and regular contact with our people in the field and clients.
- Regular contact with our contractor (AWH) for the timely processing of client product.
- Process reports for distribution to staff
- Work with other team members to spread the workload when required.
Process on a weekly basis:
- Process funding applications on behalf of clients.
- Reconciliation of freight accounts for recovery from clients
- Follow procedures to have auction catalogues ready for the week’s sales. This function is on a rotational basis (attention to detail a must)
- Follow written procedures prior to auction sales to ensure any disbursements on behalf of clients are entered against clients for recovery.
- 2 wool auction sales and occasional private sales are held each week (Sydney & Melbourne) for approx. 45 weeks of the year we could sell on any day from Tuesday to Thursday and the sale needs to be processed on sale day, this includes confirming the notated sales catalogue of the day with the electronic transmission from the auction room, any price discrepancies must be checked and confirmed by the wool staff that conducted the auction. (attention to detail a must)
- Sale details are balanced between the payments to growers and proceeds from buyers and then uploaded into MYOB accounting system.
- Process private buying divisions’ wool purchases and sale to buyers.
- On a roster basis organise catering on sale days.
At certain times flexibility with working hours will be required to processing auction sales which is our core business.
Benefits & Perks
- Strategic and commercial focused organisation.
- Extremely safe and stable organisation within agriculture and farming providing you with excellent comfort during these unprecedented times.
- Number 1 market leader in the industry.
- Excellent salary on offer + bonus potential.
- Opportunity to make a true difference.
- Be part of an award-winning team, genuine positive culture working for a company with a meaningful purpose and contribution to society and the environment.
- Opportunity to work in an innovative, award winning high-tech company full of highly motivated and talented professionals.
- Flexible working hours available.
- Free parking onsite + walking distance from public transport.
- A workplace that’s strongly focused on the well-being, safety and welfare of its staff.
- Excellent training provided.
For more information, or to apply for this position, please contact Matt Freeman at email@example.com