As the Wool Rehandle Co-ordinator, your primary role will be to plan and implement day to day Rehandle operations. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, ideally with a strong background in wool buying and/or classing. You will collaborate with the broker team to ensure that all wool is efficiently handled in order to meet sale deadlines.
AWN, a subsidiary of AWN Food & Fibre holdings, is a privately-owned Australian business, founded in 1999. We are committed to delivering agricultural services across wool, livestock and property.
Our vision of bringing wool growers, processors and consumers together have seen us build relationships across the supply chain, allowing us to deliver unique ‘bale to retail’ opportunities for our wool growing clients. This includes supply through our own, vertically integrated Australian manufacturing and retail businesses.
With people at the heart of everything we do, we invest in our staff so they can deliver the exceptional level of service that has become synonymous with AWN. Our people-first culture is underpinned by our C.A.R.E.S. values:
Collaborate and share information to achieve a common goal;
Agile and adaptive to opportunities and change;
Respect one another;
Embrace innovation and new ideas;
Support staff in looking after their physical and mental wellness.
- Day to day organisation of the Rehandle to ensure maximum utilisation of time and resources
- Purchasing a variety of wool types
- Class, sort and prepare wool for sale
- Communicate with and support the broker team in the area
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the region
- Support other wool division initiatives and projects as required
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Previous experience in a Wool Buying/Wool Classing role preferred
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Good computer skills would be advantageous
Additional training will be provided to the successful candidate to develop the appropriate skills for the role.
An attractive salary package, commensurate with skills and experience, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications closing 28/02/2021.
For further information contact Wool Trading Manager, Ben Stace on 0409 672 315.