Martins Well Station located in the Flinders Ranges is approximately 260,000 acres or 1035 square
kilometers in size. The property was originally occupied by Aboriginals for 46000-49000 years
(possibly a lot longer than this!). European occupation started in 1854, when Martins Well was
‘taken up’ as part of the Wilpena run station. It has since been run as a pastoral property until 2017,
when we become part of the MF Jebsen Group.
Running up to 9,000 merino sheep the management of the property is now focused on balancing the
commercial wool growing operation to one that will focus on conservancy and tourism, and to re-
engage with the traditional owners, the Adnyamathanha people of the Flinders Ranges, so we can all
share in this land for its benefit.
The current managers of the property, Norton and Emilee Warnest along with their three daughters,
Holly, Katie and Tilly, now proudly call Martins Well home.